Here at Tuffa Tanks, we provide domestic customers and businesses a range of tank solutions, including steel and plastic oil tanks. It is important to have a range of products that are designed with specific uses in mind, especially when it comes to liquid storage. Our range of plastic oil tanks are versatile, popular for use in the industry and great for private customers looking to fuel their homes efficiently.
There are a number of advantages and disadvantages to consider when purchasing a plastic oil tank. To help aid your decision process, we have come up with the most beneficial pointers for you to deliberate.
- Plastic oil tanks are easier to install compared to steel counterparts
- Plastic is an insulator, so the transfer of heat is slowed down
- There are virtually no limitations in regards to shape and size of your tank; up to 6500 litres
- Plastic tanks are poured into shape, meaning there are fewer vulnerabilities within the structure
- If left exposed to direct sunlight for too long, it could be detrimental to the structure. Ensure your tank is secluded and shaded, to easily prevent this
- Domestic customers should be aware of the security of their property before installing a plastic tank, as they can be drilled with relative ease; given the right opportunity and tools
It is important to remember that all oil tanks on your property – domestic or commercial, must adhere to oil storage regulations as specified by the government.
Many of our tanks are bunded for an added layer of protection from any leaks and spills. Bunded tanks consist of two tanks, the second being 110% the size of the first to keep any accidents contained.
If you are contemplating buying a plastic tank, then it is always worth weighing up these pros and cons first. However, once a decision has been made, buying from the market leaders should be your first port of call. Not only are you guaranteed industry level security and strength, but you also can rest assured that your tank will be as safe as you need it to be.
For more information on any of our available tanks, please view our website or contact our team for a chat. Until then, please visit our YouTube channel to see our range of tanks in action.