So we all know that the oil industry is an extremely wealthy one, for both the producers of oil and the consumers of it. But do we actually know how much of our everyday products contain oil or petroleum? Do we know everything there is to know about it?
Here are a few surprising facts you probably didn’t know…
- In this current day and age, where technology has advanced to an epic level and will continue to do so, we wouldn’t be where we are today without oil
- Most things can absorb oil and water, but they can’t absorb each other. Oil and water can only be combined if mixed with an emulsifier
- Petroleum (crude) oil is actually formed underground and is of a thick, black consistency
- A lot of everyday oils are made from organic plants
- The very first few drops of oil were discovered and produced in the year 327AD. The discovery took place in China, 240 metres below surface, and the oil was first used to form salt and brine
- Electronic devices such as laptops, iPhones, iPads, etc. are produced with petrochemicals
- The US consumes the most oil worldwide; the figure is over a billion barrels per day
- Oil has the biggest effect on most economies, worldwide
- Most undergarments are made from synthetic oil and petroleum molecules
- Children’s toys, rugs, ice cream scoops, freezer bags and even electric blankets are made from oil
- Ladies, most of your everyday products contain petroleum and oil. Products such as tampons, cosmetics, toothpaste, nail varnish, hair brushes and shopping bags!
- For all you contact lens wearers out there, lenses also contain oil
- Gentlemen, your boxers, hair gel, phones, socks, sunglasses, trainers and pretty much everything else contains oil
Amazing isn’t it? How many products we actually use that contain the same universal ingredient: oil…
Is your head hurting after reading all this? Reach for that aspirin – but remember, it is also made from oil!
Of course, if your business depends on oil and the safe storage of it, you’ve come to the right place. Contact the friendly team here at Tuffa for all your oil storage needs, or visit our website for more information.