While the topic of heating your home is the last thing on your mind in the midst of summer, if you are looking for ways to reduce your winter fuel bill, then please do read on because now is the time to act!
Here at Tuffa Tanks, we provide many businesses and domestic customers with a specialist heating oil tank as a means of heating their property without being reliant on energy companies. Being self-sufficient in this way is a great way of being cost-effective – you need to be smart and savvy when it comes to buying your fuel in order to make this method work for you.
As heating fuel prices fluctuate on a regular basis, it makes perfect sense to bulk-buy your fuel when it is at its lowest price on the market. For many here in the UK and throughout Europe, this is often during the summer months when demand is at its lowest due to the warmer weather.
The prices of fuel for your heating oil tank are so prone to fluctuation because they are based on the cost of crude oil. Supply and demand is just one factor that affects the cost of crude oil, with politics, weather and global production also playing a role in the rise and fall of costs.
That being said, there are ways of reducing your costs if you know how.
- Just like you would with energy suppliers, compare the prices available and shop around for the best deal
- Keep a record of quotes offered every few months to establish trends in prices rising and falling – this will help you save money in the long term
- Order the fuel for your tank well in advance to save money on delivery
- Ensure you know how to use your oil gauge correctly for accurate estimations of exactly how much fuel you need to order
- Unless you have a bunded fuel tank, don’t fill your tank to more than 90% capacity to avoid wastage
- Buying in bulk is the best way to save money when ordering fuel
- Where possible, negotiate the cost of your fuel by utilising quotes from rival companies
- Keep your tank in good condition to improve fuel efficiency and reduce your overall bills
So, what will it be: another year of moaning about your heating bills over winter? Or being pro-active and investing in a fuel tank that will reduce your bills dramatically in the long term?
For more information on the range of tanks that we manufacture, please have a browse of our products or contact our customer service team on 01889 567700 who will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.