The FireStop is also the only system on the market that fits integrally onto our plastic tanks and it can also be factory fitted to a steel tank. It uses a simple method that requires no brickwork, barriers or firewalls to be erected on site making sure there are no delays in installing the tank or added site costs.
Our fire protected tanks are much easier for installers, as the assessment has approved the product to comply with building regulations. When a tank replacement is undertaken and the new installation requires fire protection measures, by fitting the Firestop bunded tank it allows the tank to remain in the same position. This means a tank relocation is not required to a position potentially unacceptable, and the physical restraints encountered by the installing engineer are relaxed. This is more often than not, more acceptable to the customer too.
Tuffa Firestop has received national LABC (Local Authority Building Control) system approval on its Fire Protected tanks for both domestic and non-domestic applications.
What is it?
The Tuffa FireStop is designed with a ‘fire barrier’ to protect oil tanks where fire protection is necessary. The fire barrier is constructed from high quality fire retardant material, with the following achievements:
- Independently tested to BS476: Part 22: 1987
- Independently tested to BS476 (Warrington Fire Research Centre)
- Meets Section J 5.4 of Building Regulations, Table 5.1 for Fire Protection for Oil Storage Tanks
- LABC (Local Authority Building Control) System Approval
- CE marked in accordance with EN13341 and the Construction Products Regulations.
• Independently tested to BS476.
• Cost effective to install.
• No brickwork, barriers, firewalls or civil works required.
• Plastic & Steel tanks available
• Plastic tanks—light to move around.
• Established since 2005.