1350 litre Chemical Tank
1400 litre Chemical Tank
2500 litre Chemical Tank
3500 litre Chemical Tank
6000 litre Chemical Tank
10000 litre Chemical Tank
15000 litre Chemical Tank
Tuffa De-icer Storage Tank
Chemical Tanks Information
Our range of chemical storage tanks are integrally bunded to provide a self-contained unit. Numerous extras are available including a range of gauge systems, access ladders, platforms, and Armco protection barrier.
Tuffa Tanks are one of the main chemical tank manufacturers in the UK and can provide you with the chemical storage solution you are looking for. Our chemical tanks are designed and tested in-house in Uttoxeter and these bulk storage containers are suitable for a variety of chemical and water treatment applications.
Tuffa’s chemical storage tank range includes tanks for pesticides and biocidal products such as: fungicides, insecticides, herbicides, plant growth regulators, rodenticides (rat and mouse poisons), animal and bird repellents, wood and masonry preservatives, disinfectants and anti-fouling products.
We can also supply suitable chemical tanks for the storage of animal by-products, pharmaceutical, foodstuffs, agricultural, oils, waste, water industries, etc. Further information on the storage of chemicals hazardous to the environment can be found on the Environmental Agency website.
Finally, this range is suitable to store a variety of chemicals including AdBlue, de-icer, anti-freeze, sodium hypochloride, and more. Examples of purpose built chemical tanks that we have supplied previously include tanks for holding AdBlue, de-icer, anti-freeze, Calcium Nitrate, Sodium Hypochlorite, and Hydrochloric Acid.
Note: The compatibility of a chemical with our products is looked at with each enquiry. The compatibility is subject to the concentration of the chemical. A chemical data sheet is required to provide confirmation of compatibility.
Major chemical suppliers offer guidelines regarding the safe storage and handling of their products. Tuffa Tanks work closely with these companies to ensure that our systems satisfy their recommendations. By standardising designs around the economical use of materials, manufacturing costs are minimised.
This range of tanks are available in black as standard with other colours available as an option. All our tanks are subject to the highest and best quality check (QC) procedures, ensuring consistently high-quality products.
The key benefits of our bunded chemical tank range are:
- Designed, manufactured and tested in-house at our works in Uttoxeter, Staffordshire
- Our bunded chemical tank range is an integrally bunded tank range which provides a self-contained solution to the safe storage of an extensive range of chemicals
- Suitable for large capacity dosing requirements
- Moulded in one-piece and designed for durability and practical usage
- Top quality fittings and connections available to provide a complete storage solution
- Numerous optional extras available, including a range of gauge systems, access ladders and platforms, armco protection barrier and much more
- Tuffa are a specialist chemical tanks manufacturer and so can supply bespoke systems to suit your exact requirements
Advice on storing chemicals includes storing all substances in an area where you can contain spills. Keep chemical containers within an impermeable secondary containment area that will hold liquids if the main containers leak or break.
Secondary containment areas include bunds, bunded pallets or spill pallets, sump pallets, bunded storage units and storage cabinets with integral sumps. If you have one oil storage container in a bund, the bund must be able to hold 110% of its volume.
If you have more than one container, your bund must be able to contain at least 110% of the volume of the largest container or 25% of the total volume you are likely to store, whichever is greater.
Our bunded tanks offer high level security in the event of waste spills. The inner tanks are reliable enough, however the outside bund is always there as successful back-up.
Maintaining storage areas
- Cover storage areas wherever possible to avoid rainwater collecting
- Inspect bunds regularly and remove any rainwater – if the water is contaminated you may need to dispose of it as hazardous/special waste
- Locate storage tanks as far as possible from drains and watercourses
- Our tanks can be fitted with leakage detection devices, if needed, to show you if the tank is overfilled or leaking
- Lock storage tanks when not in use, to prevent unauthorised access and reduce the risk of vandalism.
- Clearly label all tanks with their contents and storage capacity, to prevent overfilling or incorrect filling of storage containers. With Tuffa’s storage tanks, any colour can be chosen by the consumer to identify the liquid being stored.