5000 Litre Steel Bunded Diesel Tank5000 litres
10000 Litre Steel Bunded Diesel Tank10000 litres
20000 Litre Steel Bunded Diesel Tank20000 litres
30000 Litre Steel Bunded Diesel Tank30000 litres
40000 Litre Steel Bunded Diesel Tank40000 litres
50000 Litre Steel Bunded Diesel Tank50000 litres
60000 Litre Steel Bunded Diesel Tank60000 litres
70000 Litre Steel Bunded Diesel Tank70000 litres
80000 Litre Steel Bunded Diesel Tank80000 litres
90000 Litre Steel Bunded Diesel Tank90000 litres
100000 Litre Steel Bunded Diesel Tank100000 litres
STEEL DIESEL TANKS INFORMATION
We have been manufacturing steel bunded fuel tanks for over 30 years and our steel diesel tanks are a premium product offering supreme ancillary equipment, durability and protection against leaks or spills. All of our steel diesel tanks are integrally bunded with a fully independent primary tank and bund. Whereas most steel fuel tanks on the market have a single base plate on the bottom of the tank. This is an area particularly susceptible to rust and where leaks can go undetected.
STEEL DIESEL TANK FEATURES
All of our steel fuel tanks are hand fabricated using high-quality mild steel. These tanks are extremely strong & reliable with a designed life expectancy of at least 30 years when correctly used, installed and maintained. We also offer a 10-year guarantee on all registered tanks.
Our steel diesel storage tanks are available in sizes from 5,000 to 100,000 litres and with a variety of optional extras available, can be tailored to meet your site’s exact requirements.
As standard, these tanks are manufactured with premium dispensing equipment suitable for dispensing red or white diesel and even most biodiesels. Ancillary equipment is housed within a high-security lockable, walk-in cabinet for capacities of 20,000 litres and over. Alternatively, we can manufacture a ‘bare’ tank to power diesel generators or as simple holding tanks.
BENEFITS OF PURCHASING A STEEL DIESEL TANK
- Provides on-site forecourt-style red & white diesel dispensing or manufactured without ancillary equipment e.g. and used to power a diesel generator.
- Save time & money by bulk-buying fuel stored directly on-site
- A variety of capacities and options tailor the tank to your site requirements.
- Hand fabricated with a thick, high-quality mild steel.
- Ancillary equipment is housed within a high security [walk in 20k+) cabinet with a lockable roller shutter door.
- Manufactured with channel runners to allow airflow underneath the tank which reduces oxidation & rust.
- To provide maximum protection against leaks & spills our steel tanks are ‘fully bunded’ with an independent primary tank & bund – whereas most tanks on the market have a single base plate on the bottom of the tank, an area particularly susceptible to rust where leaks can go undetected.
- Extremely strong & reliable, designed with a life expectancy in excess of 30 years when correctly installed, used & maintained.
- 10-year guarantee when registered.
- Very competitive RRP price. Trade discounts are also available, enquire now for your rates.
WHAT SIZE DIESEL TANK DO I NEED?
Our plastic bunded diesel tank solutions come in capacities of 1,350 litres to 15,000 as single units or up to 30,000 litres using interlinking. Our steel diesel tanks are available in sizes from 5,000 to 100,000 litres. Whether you require a bunded diesel tank for commercial, domestic or agricultural purposes, we recommend buying the maximum size tank you can. This helps you to reduce the chance of running out of fuel, minimise the frequency of tank refills and to enable you to purchase your diesel at the best possible price.
DOMESTIC DIESEL STORAGE REGULATIONS
Steel diesel tanks used commercially must have a Secondary Containment or ‘bund’. Bunded diesel tanks are particularly crucial when they are sited in locations where oil spills can reach public water sources. This includes:
- Where oil leaks could run over hard ground and reach coastal water, inland fresh waters or a drinking water source.
- Where oil spillages could run into an open drain or a loose manhole cover.
- Where the tank vent pipes cannot be seen when the tank’s being filled, for example, because the delivery tanker is parked too far away.
- Within 10 metres of coastal water or inland fresh water like lakes or streams.
- Within 50 metres of a drinking water source, for example, wells, boreholes or springs.
- In the inner zone of groundwater source protection zone 1
We alwaysl recommend purchasing a bunded tank as good environmental practice. Additionally, when you install a single skin tank you face the risk of regulation updates making your tank no longer compliant.
COMMERCIAL DIESEL STORAGE REGULATIONS
Regulations for storing commercial oil must be followed if your business (including marinas and public sector premises) stores oil in a tank with a volume of 201 litres or higher, or if your domestic premises stores oil in a tank with a capacity of over 3,500 litres. Regulations state that all commercial diesel tanks must be bunded.
AGRICULTURAL DIESEL STORAGE REGULATIONS
Diesel stored for agricultural usage follows slightly different rules in England. Diesel storage containers with a capacity of over 1,500 litres must be bunded. Additionally, no part of the oil storage installation – including yard drains, dry ditches and land drains – can be within 10 metres of inland or coastal waters.
DO I NEED A BUNDED STEEL DIESEL TANK?
Our tanks have a 10-year guarantee on the interior tank and bund, with all parts carrying a 12-month guarantee. We would recommend regular maintenance of your tank via our service maintenance package to extend the tank’s useful life.
Although we hold some stock, Tuffa tanks are generally built to order and have the typical lead times:
Small standard tanks (up to 2500 litres): 2-3 weeks
Large standard tanks (over 2500 litres): 2-3 weeks
Effluent tank: 1 week (often in stock)
Steel diesel tanks
Small standard tanks (up to 2300 litres): 6-8 weeks
Large standard tanks (over 2300 litres): 8-10 weeks
Petrol tanks: 8-10 weeks
Tuffa Tanks are generally built to order. We can arrange delivery to sites across the UK, or tanks can be collected from our factory in Uttoxeter. Stock plastic or steel tanks available with next day delivery – call us for current stock levels.
When it comes to steel diesel tanks, our team has a wealth of knowledge. So, if you can’t find what you’re looking for, get in touch today and we can help you out. Alternatively, why not check out our Expert Guide to Diesel Storage Tanks or browse our plastic diesel tanks.
Steel Diesel Tank FAQs
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MILD STEEL TANKS VS STAINLESS STEEL DIESEL FUEL TANKS?
Mild steel uses carbon as the main alloy, whereas stainless steel contains a larger proportion of chromium. Our mild steel diesel tanks offer excellent resistance to heat, making them excellent for businesses in the engineering and aerospace industries. They’re also strong, yet lightweight, creating a versatile fuel storage solution for many businesses.
WHICH SECTORS USE STEEL DIESEL FUEL TANKS?
Our steel diesel tanks are used by businesses in:
- Power generation
WHICH DISPENSING EQUIPMENT DO YOUR STEEL DIESEL TANKS COME WITH?
Our steel diesel tanks come with ancillary and dispensing equipment as standard. This includes:
- A full end cabinet with roller shutter door (1m)
- 3” fill point
- Overfill prevention valve
- 230v external pump
- 6m x 3/4″ delivery hose
- Automatic nozzle with nozzle holster
- K44 pulse metre
- Water & particulate filter (10 micron)
- 230v C2020 contents gauge with bund alarm
- 2 x 2″ spare sockets
- Channel runners
- 4x lifting eyes