Renders are for illustrative purposes only
1150 Litre Plastic Bunded Fire Protected Oil Tank
Stock Code: 1350SLBFP30
Note: volumes stated may be maximum and not a working volume.
- 30 minute fire protection – install a domestic tank adjacent to buildings and boundaries
- 60 minute fire protection – install a domestic tank inside an uninhabited building such as a garage (pending installer/inspector approval)
- 60 minute fire protection – install a non-domestic tank adjacent to buildings and boundaries
- Fire protection
- 2″ BSP fill connection with cap and chain
- Overfill prevention valve
- Manual float level gauge
- Electronic Watchman Sonic gauge
- Lockable flip lid
- 1″ bottom outlet
- Tank fittings kit (1”-1/2″ adaptor, ball valve and filter)
- Top outlet – a 10mm top outlet for installations where oil is to be drawn out of the top of the tank, replacing the 1” bottom outlet.
- Enables you to save valuable outside space and hide your tank away behind or even inside outbuildings
- Offers a perfect solution to replace old tanks which are sited within 1.8m of buildings and structures and are incompliant with modern regulations
- Great alternative form of compliance to constructed fire barriers without the need for additional building work
- All of our fire protected tanks are bunded offering integral protection from leakage and overfilling
- Made from recyclable and corrosion-resistant polyethylene plastic
- We work with installers across the UK and in most cases can recommend someone in your area.
- Alternatively, we recommend an installer from APHC’s Competent Persons Scheme for our fire protected tanks. Find an APHC installer here.
- Compatible with HVO fuel and HVO kerosene blends
Tuffa’s fire protected oil tanks serve as an alternative means of compliance when compared to traditional fire barriers. It is the responsibility of the Competent Person installing the tank, or the building inspector certifying the installation, to ensure a site-specific risk assessment has been conducted.
30 minute fire protection Enables the installation of an oil tank a minimum of 300mm from other buildings and structures. Where access is required (e.g. at the front of the tank to fill it) then a minimum distance of 600mm is required.
60 minute fire protection Enables the installation of an oil tank within a garage or other internal space where it is impractical to install the tank externally to the building. The tank must be installed in an uninhabitable area (e.g. a garage or outbuilding), at the lowest possible level in the building or structure. Additionally, the tank must be installed a minimum of 300mm from other internal walls and structures or 600mm where access is required. For further information view our Installation Guidance.
Our 1150 Litre Plastic Bunded Fire Protected Oil tank is our slimline model manufactured in an extremely durable plastic. The integral fire protection barrier protects the contents of the tank, providing a 30 or 60 minute fire rated barrier enabling tank installation adjacent to or even inside buildings. Designed to be neatly hidden away in narrow installations, this oil tank can hold up to 1150 litres (252 gallons) of heating oil.
The integrally fire rated system meets the functional requirements of Building Regulations and can be installed and signed off under Competent Persons schemes such as APHC. With a fitted bund, the tank also provides protection against any leakage or spills. To enquire about your 1150 litre plastic bunded fire protected oil tank, get in touch with our team today. We’ll provide tailored advice and an affordable quote.