15000 Litre De-icer Storage Tank
15000VB / De-icer Tank
Note: volumes stated may be maximum and not a working volume.
- 0-700 litre per minute pump
- Various inlet/outlet connections (camlock/BSP)
- Level gauges and leak detection units
- Service and maintenance valves
- Lockable equipment cabinet; to provide extra security
- Armco protection barrier; to prevent impact damage
- Suitable for the Aviation industry
- Tried and field tested system
- Interlinking available to increase capacity
- Reliable and durable measuring and dispensing equipment
- Electronic and mechanical options available
- Equipment easily accessible from ground level
- The bund contains a minimum 110% volume of the inner tank
- The bunded construction offers integral protection from leakage and overfilling
- Covered bund prevents the collection of rainwater and debris
- Lockable outer cabinet allowing access to all equipment
- Made from recyclable polyethylene
- Corrosion resistant
- UV stabilised
Our bunded de-icer storage tanks are manufactured using polyethylene, a strong and durable plastic with formidable anti-corrosion properties. These tanks are designed for the safe storage of de-icer chemicals and come with a 1- year warranty when registered.
Our 15,000 litre de-icer storage tank can be interlinked to increase the maximum capacity. We have worked with most of the major airports in the United Kingdom to help keep their flights running. This includes Manchester Airport which currently uses 7 of our 15,000 litre de-icer tanks interlinked to achieve an effective capacity of 105,000 litres. Check out the case study here.
The busy timetables operated by airlines do not allow for grounded aircraft due to poor weather conditions, so efficient defrosting and deicing of aeroplanes and runways to keep to schedule is imperative. Large quantities of the de-icing agent need to be on hand at the airport to allow instantaneous action for when a drop in temperature occurs.