Renders are for illustrative purposes only
1800 Litre Steel Bunded Fire Protected Oil Tank
Stock Code: 1800SBFP
- 30 minute fire protection – install a domestic tank adjacent to buildings and boundaries
- 60 minute fire protection – install a domestic tank inside an uninhabited building such as a garage (pending installer/inspector approval)
- 60 minute fire protection – install a non-domestic tank adjacent to buildings and boundaries
- Fire protection
- 2″ BSP fill point complete with cap and chain
- Overfill prevention valve
- 1” BSP bottom outlet
- Manual float level gauge
- Electronic Watchman Sonic gauge
- Central lifting eye
- Channel runners
- Tank fittings kit (1”-1/2″ adaptor, ball valve and filter)
- Painted in RAL 6005 Green
*Height includes runners and fittings on top of the tank.
- Top outlet – a 10mm top outlet for installations where oil is to be drawn out of the top of the tank, replacing the 1” bottom outlet.
- Enables you to save valuable outside space and hide your tank away behind or even inside outbuildings
- Offers a perfect solution to replace old tanks which are sited within 1.8m of buildings and structures and are incompliant with modern regulations
- Great alternative form of compliance to constructed fire barriers without the need for additional building work
- All of our fire protected tanks are bunded offering integral protection from leakage and overfilling
- Manufactured using a highly durable and tensile mild steel giving a serviceable lifespan in excess of 30 years (with regular maintenance)
- We work with installers across the UK and in most cases can recommend someone in your area.
- Alternatively, we recommend an installer from APHC’s Competent Persons Scheme for our fire protected tanks. Find an APHC installer here.
- Compatible with HVO fuel and HVO kerosene blends
Tuffa’s fire protected oil tanks serve as an alternative means of compliance when compared to traditional fire barriers. It is the responsibility of the Competent Person installing the tank, or the building inspector certifying the installation, to ensure a site-specific risk assessment has been conducted.
30 minute fire protection Enables the installation of an oil tank a minimum of 300mm from other buildings and structures. Where access is required (e.g. at the front of the tank to fill it) then a minimum distance of 600mm is required.
60 minute fire protection Enables the installation of an oil tank within a garage or other internal space where it is impractical to install the tank externally to the building. The tank must be installed in an uninhabitable area (e.g. a garage or outbuilding), at the lowest possible level in the building or structure. Additionally, the tank must be installed a minimum of 300mm from other internal walls and structures or 600mm where access is required. For further information view our Installation Guidance.
The 1800 Litre Steel Bunded Fire Protected Oil Tank delivers either 30 or 60 minute fire protection preventing the fuel within the tank from igniting during that time even when engulfed in flames. The integrally fitted fire rated material enables installation of the tank adjacent to – or even inside – buildings or structures.
This oil tank safely holds up to 1800 litres (395 gallons) of heating oil. The tank is fully compliant with building regulations throughout the UK, so it’s an ideal tank to replace any old non-compliant tanks.
To enquire about purchasing the 1800 Litre Steel Bunded Fire Protected Oil Tank, simply get in touch for a quote. Where required we can usually recommend a UK installer near you to fit the tank.