2440 Litre Plastic Bunded Fire Protected Oil Tank
Stock Code: 2500HBFP
Note: volumes stated may be maximum and not a working volume.
- 30 minute fire protection – install a domestic tank adjacent to buildings and boundaries
- 60 minute fire protection – install a domestic tank inside an uninhabited building such as a garage (pending installer/inspector approval)
- 60 minute fire protection – install a non-domestic tank adjacent to buildings and boundaries
- Fire protection
- 2″ BSP fill connection with cap and chain
- Overfill prevention valve
- Manual float level gauge
- Electronic Watchman Sonic gauge
- Lockable flip lid
- 1″ bottom outlet
- Tank fittings kit (1”-1/2″ adaptor, ball valve and filter)
- Top outlet – a 10mm top outlet for installations where oil is to be drawn out of the top of the tank, replacing the 1” bottom outlet.
- Enables you to save valuable outside space and hide your tank away behind or even inside outbuildings
- Offers a perfect solution to replace old tanks which are sited within 1.8m of buildings and structures and are incompliant with modern regulations
- Great alternative form of compliance to constructed fire barriers without the need for additional building work
- Local Authority Building Control (LABC) Assured.
- All of our fire protected tanks are bunded offering integral protection from leakage and overfilling
- Made from recyclable and corrosion-resistant polyethylene plastic
- We work with installers across the UK and in most cases can recommend someone in your area.
- Alternatively, we recommend an installer from APHC’s Competent Persons Scheme for our fire protected tanks. Find an APHC installer here.
Tuffa’s fire protected oil tanks serve as an alternative means of compliance when compared to traditional fire barriers and have been awarded LABC Assured Status. It is the responsibility of the Competent Person installing the tank, or the building inspector certifying the installation, to ensure a site-specific risk assessment has been conducted. 30 minute fire protection Enables the installation of an oil tank a minimum of 300mm from other buildings and structures. Where access is required (e.g. at the front of the tank to fill it) then a minimum distance of 600mm is required. 60 minute fire protection Enables the installation of an oil tank within a garage or other internal space where it is impractical to install the tank externally to the building. The tank must be installed in an uninhabitable area (e.g. a garage or outbuilding), at the lowest possible level in the building or structure. Additionally, the tank must be installed a minimum of 300mm from other internal walls and structures or 600mm where access is required.
Ideal for installing your tank in a confined area inside or out, the 2440 Litre Plastic Bunded Fire Protected Oil Tank provides 30 or 60 minute fire protection. Complete with a primary tank containing the fuel and an external bund, this tank also prevents any leakages or spills.
This tank has a capacity of up to 2440 litres (536 gallons) of heating oil and is the largest of our domestic fire protected oil tanks. This product is LABC Assured and comes with a 10 year warranty when registered.
Speak to our specialists today and we’ll provide an affordable quote. We can even suggest a Tuffa approved installer near you to fit your new tank to your site’s requirements.