Renders are for illustrative purposes only
900 Litre Steel Bunded Fire Protected Oil Tank
Stock Code: 900SBFP
- 30 minute fire protection – install a domestic tank adjacent to buildings and boundaries
- 60 minute fire protection – install a domestic tank inside an uninhabited building such as a garage (pending installer/inspector approval)
- 60 minute fire protection – install a non-domestic tank adjacent to buildings and boundaries
- Fire protection
- 2″ BSP fill point complete with cap and chain
- Overfill prevention valve
- 1” BSP bottom outlet
- Manual float level gauge
- Electronic Watchman Sonic gauge
- Central lifting eye
- Channel runners
- Tank fittings kit (1”-1/2″ adaptor, ball valve and filter)
- Painted in RAL 6005 Green
*Height includes runners and fittings on top of the tank.
- Top outlet – a 10mm top outlet for installations where oil is to be drawn out of the top of the tank, replacing the 1” bottom outlet.
- Enables you to save valuable outside space and hide your tank away behind or even inside outbuildings
- Offers a perfect solution to replace old tanks which are sited within 1.8m of buildings and structures and are incompliant with modern regulations
- Alternative form of compliance to constructed fire barriers without the need for additional building work
- All of our fire protected tanks are bunded offering integral protection from leakage and overfilling
- Manufactured using a highly durable and tensile mild steel giving a serviceable lifespan in excess of 30 years (with regular maintenance)
- We work with installers across the UK and in most cases can recommend someone in your area.
- Alternatively, we recommend an installer from APHC’s Competent Persons Scheme for our fire protected tanks. Find an APHC installer here.
- Compatible with HVO fuel and HVO kerosene blends
Tuffa’s fire protected oil tanks serve as an alternative means of compliance when compared to traditional fire barriers. It is the responsibility of the Competent Person installing the tank, or the building inspector certifying the installation, to ensure a site-specific risk assessment has been conducted.
30 minute fire protection Enables the installation of an oil tank a minimum of 300mm from other buildings and structures. Where access is required (e.g. at the front of the tank to fill it) then a minimum distance of 600mm is required.
60 minute fire protection Enables the installation of an oil tank within a garage or other internal space where it is impractical to install the tank externally to the building. The tank must be installed in an uninhabitable area (e.g. a garage or outbuilding), at the lowest possible level in the building or structure. Additionally, the tank must be installed a minimum of 300mm from other internal walls and structures or 600mm where access is required. For further information view our Installation Guidance.
Our 900 litre fire-protected heating oil tanks are manufactured on-site from durable mild steel. These bunded tanks are fabricated with an outer tank (bund) and primary inner tank. All of our fire protected tanks have an integral bund fitted as standard to protect against spillage and overfilling. The heating oil tanks can hold a capacity of 900 litres (almost 200 gallons) and have a lifespan of at least 30 years, providing a long-term, affordable heating oil storage solution. The integrally fire rated system meets the functional requirements of Building Regulations and is suitable for domestic and commercial use. Our 900 litre steel bunded fire-protected oil tanks must be installed to building standards. We have approved installers throughout the UK ready to fit your tank. Speak to our team today for an affordable quote and expert advice. Browse our Fire Protected Oil Tanks